Barbara Marini Clarelli E Francesco Santi - Perugia
The Palazzo degli Oddi, previously the residence Marini Clarelli, now the House Museum, is located in the heart of Perugia, an area of the city occupied by the family as early as medieval times. Today, it is still one of the most important streets leading to Perugia’s main square. The Palace was built around the middle of the 16th century and was inhabited until 1942. The last owner, the Marchioness Barbara Marini Clarelli (Perugia 1929-2007), a painter, restorer and local historian, declared in her will the desire to establish a foundation that would combine his name with that of her beloved husband, a celebrated art historian, Francesco Santi (Perugia 1914-1993). Her vision was to ensure the Palace remained accessible an a place to study for the history of the degli Oddi family, one of the oldest Italian noble families that had a significant influence on the history of Perugia.
Choose means of transport: