Partner House of the Association
Gian Franco Morini called ‘il Moro’, sculptor and designer, provocative and paradoxical, exaggerated and contradictory, ingenious and vulgar was born in Faenza in 1955. He attended the Institute for Ceramic Art in Faenza and the Fine Art Academy in Bologna. Augusto Betti and Alfonso Leoni were his teachers, he worked as a young apprentice together with the Masters Panos Tsolakos and Carlo Zauli. Since the Seventies he has worked in the ceramic industry, in international firms, as a researcher.
His ceramics is something of primordial, savage and natural. He likes using dirty, impure and adulterated clays in order to obtain a rough and lumpy result that makes us think about the true earth. In 2016 he transformed his home-workshop, located in the countryside of Faenza, into a Garden of Art, the sculpture of his life:’ Der Kunst Garten' an artistic space in constant metamorphosis. Der Kunst Garten, in German language, to emphasize the international vocation of this garden: a private space in a garden, a lawn and a house without gates or barriers, where anyone can go, stop, have a chat with the landlord, and watch the artworks on exhibit.
Since its opening, the museum has taken on new geometries, the metamorphosis is continuous. Adjacent to his laboratory house, the garden can be visited for free.