ASSOCIATED HOME

Address: Fondazione Montanelli Bassi Via San Giorgio 2 C.P. n.190 50054 Fucecchio (FI) Tel e fax +39 0571-22627
Visiting Hours: During the summer: July: Library: open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning, from 09.00am till 1.00pm Indro Montanelli's Rooms: open on Saturdays and Sundays from 3.00pm until 7.00pm August: The Library and Indro Montanelli's Rooms will be closed. Opening will be available upon request by contacting 3281289087 From September onwards: Library and Indro Montanelli's Rooms will be open to the public on Tuesadys, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 3.00pm until 7.00pm
Website:
Contact:

Palazzo della Volta - Fucecchio (Firenze)

The Montanelli Bassi Foundation was constituted by will of Indro Montanelli in 1987. It is located in Fucecchio, in the ancient Palazzo della Volta, in the place where Montanelli’s ancestors lived in medieval times. They were part of the powerful consortium called “della Volta”. The façade of the palazzo still holds the traces of the preexisting medieval dwellings, even if the inside was radically restructured between the XVI and XVIII centuries. The Montanelli Bassi Foundation has among its goals, in addition to conserving and handing down to posterity the memory of Montanelli, the promotion of cultural activities and studies of the artistical and environmental historical heritage of the Fucecchio territory. It grants scholarships and awards such as the Indro Montanelli writing award and that entitled the Colette Rosselli award dedicated to illustrated literature for children.

The “rooms”
Indro Montanelli (1909-2001), who contributed financially to the restoration of the palazzo between 1990 and 1993, wished that his books, his papers and the objects that had been most dear to him be preserved in the palazzo of his ancestors. So after 2001 the “rooms of Montanelli” were created by transferring his Milan study and his Rome study to his place of birth. Both studies preserve many valuable evidences related to the life and career of the famous journalist.

The Foundation also has a library with 12 reading seats and an auditorium where cultural meetings are organized. It preserves, at last,  an ample collection of paintings and drawings of the artist Arturo Checchi. 
 
Choose means of transport:
 
Address: Villa Machiavelli Via Scopeti 157 Loc. S.Andrea in Percussina 50026 San Casciano (FI) Tel.+39 055 828471
Visiting Hours: booking necessary, Wednesday- Sunday 10:00-12:00 / 15:00-17:00
Website:
Contact: villamachiavelli
machiavelli-giv

San Casciano (Firenze)

Nicolò Machiavelli (1469 - 1527), secretary of the Florentine Republic in the years between 1498 and 1512, is one of the greatest and most interesting figures of the Renaissance. A versatile and cultivated writer, he reserved most of his interest for politics, which he was the first to consider a science in itself.
The “Casa di S. Andrea” in Percussina, fraction of San Casciano, along with several farm complexes, was owned by the family of the Writer. It was here that he fled after his exile from Florence in 1512, when the Medici returned to the city. The farm, attached with the tavern called “the Albergaccio”, is described in one of his most famous letters, the one addressed to his friend Francesco Vettori, dated December 10, 1513. In this letter he describes his days divided between the occupations regarding the management of his properties and his evenings spent in the tavern playing tric-trac  with the host and the local butcher. However, in the nighttime he would withdraw to his library and pass the hours reading the classics, which inspired him to write the treatise, written straight off in a few months, entitled De Principatibus: The Prince, the work to which he owes his fame. After his death the home went to his heirs and along the hereditary line it came to be part of the heritage of the noble Florentine family, the Serristori. For the last few years it has belonged to the Gruppo Italiano Vini, which has some of its best vineyards here and has had it carefully restored. The premises of the villa and the splendid cellars may be visited and, through an underground gallery, also the tavern described by Machiavelli himself. This has also preserved its atmosphere intact through the centuries.

Choose means of transport:
Address: Loc. La Cinquantina Via Guerrazzi - 57023 S.Pietro in Palazzi Cecina (LI) Tel. +39 0586 680145
Website:
Contact: comune
biblioteca
museo arch.
museo vitalavoro
scuola musica

S.Pietro in Palazzi - Cecina (Livorno)

Born in Livorno in 1804, Guerrazzi earned his degree in law in 1824 at Pisa, where he had the fortune of encountering Byron. Interested in historical themes, he composed various works such as plays and novels; because of his ardent republican stands he was first banished to the border at Montepulciano and then imprisoned at Porteferraio, Elba. Guerrazzi was triumvirate of the Florentine Republic in 1848 together with Mazzoni and Montanelli and after that elected dictator. At the moment of Italian Unification he was named senator, but he withdrew from political life ten years later.
 In the locality called La Cinquina, three kilometers from Cecina on the road that leads from San Pietro in Palazzi to the sea, you find the beautiful residential complex of Villa Guerrazzi. In 1868 Francesco Domenico Guerrazzi purchased the farm from a man of Livorno and here is where he led the last years of his life and where he died in 1873. The complex is made up of, in addition to the manor itself, various annexes, once used as granary, storehouses, stables, all immersed in a vast estate. Guerrazzi adored the farm, which he transformed into a villa thanks to a series of extensions and structural changes, even having changed the route of the road that originally passed right across the front of the house and straight on.
The descendents and successive owners continued making small variations to adjust the villa to their needs until 1975 when the City of Cecina bought it from the last owner. In over twenty years the complex has been completely restructured and now hosts the Etruscan Roman Archeological Museum, the Peasant Culture Museum, the City School of Music, the “Artimbanco” School of Theatre and a multi-purpose hall for exhibits and concerts.
 
Choose means of transport:
Address: Loc. Vespignano 50039 VICCHIO (FI) Tel.+39 055 8439269 (Comune di Vicchio)
Visiting Hours: open only during cultural events such as the those of the Genio Fiorentino (last week of April) from 10:00- 12:00 am and 3:00 – 6:00 pm
Website: Comune di Vicchio
Contact:

Località Vespignano - Vicchio (Firenze)

Giotto di Bondone (1266-1336) was one of the great innovators of Italian painting. Active in Florence, Rome, Assisi and Padua, among his splendid works are the most famous frescoes in the Chiesa Superiore di San Francesco in Assisi and the Cappella degli Scrovegni in Padua. Giotto was much admired by his contemporaries and was recalled by Dante as well as Boccaccio, who recognized his great modernity and admired his profound realism.
In the township of Vicchio del Mugello there is what is believed to be, according to common tradition, the home of the great Painter, who was native of this area. Originally it was probably part of a vaster manor.  
The home was restored in 1840, but suffered damage in the late IX century and then again during the 1919 earthquake; then it was left to ruin and considered only an agricultural annex. In 1975 it was purchased by the City and allocated as a museum.
Recently the setup was completely reorganized so that the visitor finds himself along a virtual path through the works of the great painter. For this reason the tour is particularly suitable for didactic purposes. In the museum there are also didactic laboratories on the art of frescoes.
 
Choose means of transport:
Address: Piazza Agnolo Firenzuola 1 59021 VAIANO (PO) Tel. +39 0574 989022
Visiting Hours: Saturday 4:00 – 7:00 pm;
Sunday 10:00– 12:00 am and 4:00 – 7:00 pm;
all other days upon booking by telephone with the museum curator, +39 328 6938733
Website:
Contact:

Badia di S. Salvatore - Vaiano (Prato)

Agnolo Firenzuola was born in Florence in 1493, earned his degree in Perugia and then entered into the Vallombrosian Order. He was often in Rome and befriended some of the major men of letters of that period, among which Pietro Aretino and Annibal Caro. Following several vicissitudes, among which a severe illness, he was released from his vows and returned to Tuscany, where in 1538 he was nominated the “usufructuary and administrator of the monastery” of Vaiano. In this capacity he showed himself diligent and far from the merely speculative spirit that moved some of his predecessors, which had strongly damaged the monastery itself. These were happy and productive years during which he wrote his most well-known works, such as La Prima Veste dei discorsi degli animali and  I Dialoghi delle bellezze delle donne. After two years his title of administrator was removed, but he still remained pensionarius of the Abbey, fact that guaranteed him a life annuity, though modest, until his death in 1543.

Inside the Abbey the apartment that may still be visited is the so-called residence of the Abbot. Among the various books and documents exhibited, there are a few volumes of Agnolo Firenzuola, like the first editions of Prose (1548) and Rime (1549). For the rest the monastery visit is articulated as a path to illustrate the daily life of the monks in past centuries.
 
Choose means of transport:
Address: Casa Pellico piazzetta dei Mondagli n.5 12037 Saluzzo
Visiting Hours: dal 1 marzo al 31 ottobre: 2° e 4° domenica e festivi dalle 14 alle 19 dal 1 novembre al 6 gennaio: 2° e 4° domenica e festivi dalle 14 alle 18; Chiusure annuali: 1 Gennaio, 25 Dicembre - dal 7 gennaio al 28 febbraio (salvo aperture straordinarie programmate di anno in anno) Aperture serali in occasione di eventi stabiliti dall'Amministrazione comunale, quali. Visitabile per gruppi tutto l’anno con tariffe speciali e in orari da concordare previa prenotazione.Informazioni e prenotazioni: n. verde: 800 942 241 email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Website:
Contact:

Casa Pellico – Saluzzo

It is situated in the beautiful Mondagli Square, surely one of the most beautiful parts of the old town centre of Saluzzo. The building dates back to the Middle Ages and was built just outside the enclosing walls dated 1280. The bearing structure consists of four pointed arches that are fresco decorated. The building was later raised in the 16th century, with the addition of loggias on the top floor, which are now walled up. Another storey was added in the early 19th century: it consisted of a closed loggia with terrace at the same floor of the square, over which the elegant Neo-classical lounge overlooks with its fine and elegant decorations. The famous patriot and writer Silvio Pellico was born on 25th June 1789 in the small apartment on the first floor, and he spent there his childhood. His kept love and thankfulness for his hometown throughout his life: for him it was a literary place of affection and happy memories. Nowadays, after the recent restorations made by the City Hall, his personal objects, his manuscripts and his works are on display in the “House-Museum”.
 
Choose means of transport:
Address: Keats-Shelley House Piazza di Spagna 26 00187 Roma Tel. +39 06 6784235 +39 06 6784167
Visiting Hours: Monday to Saturday 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and 2.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.; Sunday closed The museum is open on most holidays (Italian and English) The museum is closed on the following days: December 8, December 24-31, January 1 Guided visits for groups are available upon booking, tel. +39 06 6784235
Website:
Contact:

Roma

Situated at the right foot of the Spanish Steps, the Keats-Shelley House was the final resting place of John Keats, who died here in 1821, aged just 25.
From the outside, the eighteenth-century building is almost as it was when Keats arrived in Rome in the vain attempt to stop the fatal effects of tuberculosis. Open to the public in 1909, this house museum contains a generous collection of paintings, sculptures, manuscripts, objects and first editions of volumes by Keats and his fellow Romantics Percy Bysshe Shelley and Lord Byron.
The collection also includes a scallop shell with locks of hair of John Milton and Elizabeth Barrett Browning, a wax Carnival mask once belonging to Lord Byron and manuscripts by Jorge Luis Borges, Oscar Wilde, Mary Shelley, Walt Whitman, William Wordsworth, Robert Browning, and Joseph Severn, Keats’ faithful friend and travel companion.
In addition to the exhibition rooms, there are two spacious terraces boasting stunning views, a book and gift shop, and a small cinema room where visitors can watch an exclusive introductory film about the Romantics and the history of the Keats-Shelley House.
Group visits and talks are available by booking, and the rooms of the House and its terraces are also available for private hire by contacting us.

Choose means of transport:
Address: Località Anchiano 50059 Vinci (FI) tel. +39 0571 933248
Visiting Hours: Every day 10 am – 7 pm (March through October) and 10 am – 5 pm (November through February)
Website:
Contact:

Casa natale - Località Anchiano, Vinci (Firenze)

Leonardo da Vinci (Vinci 1452 - Amboise 1519), the natural child of notary Ser Piero da Vinci and of a woman named Caterina, is one of the most celebrated and interesting figures in human history. As a very young man, he started his activity in Florence as an apprentice painter in Andrea del Verrocchio's workshop, one of the most famous masters of 15th century. Leonardo, considered one of the greatest artists of the Renaissance, is also renowned for his studies in the fields of science and technology, in particular for his experiments on the human flight

Only three km from the town of Vinci, at Anchiano, stands the house that is the traditionally recognized as his birth house, set amid the stunning scenery of the Montalbano hills. In 1950, Count Giovanni Rasini di Castelcampo donated the building to the Town of Vinci. The restoration of 2012 has kept with the well-established image of this place, which has become the symbol of the memory of Leonardo, visited by ‘cultural pilgrims’ from all over the world. The new layout, carried out thanks to the most advanced multimedia technologies and to the high-resolution reproductions of Leonardo’s paintings, allows to learn about his life and art in an unusual and fascinating way. The birthplace in Anchiano, together with the Museo Leonardiano and the Biblioteca Leonardiana, is a must-stop destination on an itinerary dedicated to Leonardo in his home town.

Choose means of transport:
Address: Via Ser Lapo Mazzei 43 59100 Prato tel. +39 0574 21391
Website: sito
facebook
Contact:

Palazzo Datini (Prato)

DSCN0066The Palazzo takes its name from Francesco di Marco Datini, a merchant of Prato that lived in the late XIV and early XV century. On August 16, 1410 Francesco di Marco Datini died in the house in Prato without leaving heirs, leaving all of his possessions to the Francesco di Marco Home and Cieppo de’ poveri (fund for the poor): “so that forever of its fruits may be fed and nurtured the poor in Jesus Christ.” He left an important testimony of his life made up of account books and correspondence that constitute a substantial foundation today deposited in the Prato State Archive, which is located in that ancient abode.

It is a collection of documents from the low medieval era produced by a group of businesses connected with Datini in the years between 1363 and 1410. The papers testify to the very intense activity of Francesco di Marco and his vast interests in many European cities. While constituting an extraordinarily important documentation for reconstructing the economic history of the period, they also contain annotations about customs and about various members of humankind. Their interest is also due to the fact that through the course of the centuries they have come to us practically intact or with very few gaps.
 
THE PALACE

finestreOver the years the palazzo has been subjected to some modification and has been restored in the middle of the XX century. The building is three stories high. On the principal façade that holds traces of the early XV century frescoes are the doors that open onto the State Archive and the late IV century portal which leads to a courtyard with well, portico and two galleries above; the courtyard and the rooms on the ground floor are decorated with frescoes by various artists, among which Niccolò di Pietro Gerini, who also did the S. Christopher at the foot of the stairs that lead to the upper floor. 

The lateral façade holds a loggia high up added in the XVII century; also dating to this period is the raising in height of the adjacent building, originally a warehouse and now destined to the deposit of documentary materials.
 
THE MUSEUM

fascia p
From 2009, the ground floor of the palace have been turned into a museum dedicated to the history of Datini, his house and the institution he founded.
In the frescoed halls it is possible not only to admire the beautiful house but also the personality of the merchant and his relationship with his wife Margherita, his 
economic activities and archive features he left us, the history of the building and the “Ceppo” that, from 1410, is based in the house. (Virtual tour).
 

VISITING HOURS

Friday 15.00/18.00

Saturday 10/13 – 15/18

Sunday 10/13


The time in the middle weeks of August is subject to changes and closures, therefore, it is advisable to check the details on the website or contact the Foundation.

In the case of initiatives and events makes the museum special openings.
You can take guided tours for groups (minimum 20 people) of extra-time to the palace and the museum, booking them by phone or e-mail

 
Choose means of transport:
Address: “Villa le Coste” Via G. Duprè, 18 50014 Fiesole, Firenze, Italia Tel: +39 055 597095 Fax: +39 055 5978145
Visiting Hours: The Primo Conti Museum is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Visits may also be made on Saturdays by prior appointment. Guided tours can also be made in the afternoon by prior arrangement. The Foundation’s Archive is available for consultation Tuesday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, by prior appointment. email
Website:
Contact: Patrizia Balocchini Responsabile Amministrativo
Maria Chiara Berni Responsabile Archivio

Fiesole (Firenze)

The Primo Conti Foundation is based in the fifteenth century Villa “Le Coste” which was the Maestro Primo Conti’s (Florence, 1900-Fiesole, 1988) home for many years. Bought in 1945, the villa became the Foundation’s head-quarters when it was instituted as the Centre for Documentation and Research of the Historic Avant-garde Movements, in 1980. The centre represents the realisation of a long-cherished dream of Primo Conti “to preserve the record and testimony of the most important innovating movements of the twentieth century”.
The Foundation is divided into two sections: the Museum of the works of Primo Conti and the Archive.
The Museum and the Archive collectively represent a unique centre in Italy for scientifically retracing and reconstructing the activities of the historic Avant-garde movement which came to characterise so deeply the literary and artistic movements of so much of the century. The specific objective of the Foundation is, in fact, the study, promotion and sharing of the artistic and literary heritage linked to the figure of the Maestro Primo Conti, together with promotion of the artistic, literary and musical heritage associated with the whole period of the historic Avant-garde movements. The Museum of the Primo Conti Foundation has brought together sixty three paintings and one hundred and sixty three drawings by the Florentine artist. The works cover a time span starting from 1911, the year of his artistic debut with the self-portrait of surprising beauty and “maturity” of expression, through to 1985. The Museum makes it possible, through the works of Primo Conti, to study the development of the twentieth century artistic cycles in Italy and in Europe. From the momentous turning points in which this century is so rich, the Maestro drew his inspiration. The Museum’s rooms display the progression from his early studies of the human form, to his precocious interest in “fauvist” art, the prelude to a brilliant Futurist career. Conti was able to interpret the most vivid and fertile moods of Futurism bringing to life an anti-academic artistic form which is fresh and rich in poetry. Thereafter, always from positions of earnest and constructive debate the painter kept pace with modern art in its recovery of form and expressive technique. Ever youthful and willing to question the meaning of his works, Conti was an artist who anticipated and lived to the full the artistic and literary spirit of his time. Accordingly the last years of his life were characterised by vivid and lyrical paintings.

Choose means of transport:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Case della MemoriaNumero Anti Violenza e Stalking
a sostegno delle donne vittime di violenza e stalking
Chiama ora